Looking for something spicy to snack on or perhaps just a new topping for tonight’s tacos? Then try this recipe, which combines sweet tropical fruit flavor with a kick thanks to a good dose of habanero pepper. It’s also fantastic with this spicy guacamole.
Tip: As they ripen, mangoes develop small black spots and yield when gently pressed.
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and finely diced
- ½ lime
- 1 orange habanero pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 10 grape tomatoes, finely diced
- ½ c finely diced yellow onion
- ¼ c finely chopped mint
- ½ t kosher salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
1. In a bowl, mix together the mango, lime juice, habanero pepper, tomatoes, onion, mint, and salt. Serve with tortilla chips.
All text and photos © 2014 Will Budiaman. All rights reserved.